Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Afternoon ramblings

The time is 3:37pm. I have about 5 minutes until the second half of the day begins with backpacks, papers, snack requests and details about what I SHOULD be sending for lunch tomorrow. Oh, and some more papers. I'm thinking this rain forest epidemic could be taken care of pretty quickly if just my kids school said, "Hey, just for fun, this week only, let's half our paper usage!" Some of the thoughts swirling in my head:

1) De-caf at around 3:30 in the afternoon is really helpful in getting through the 4:00-8:00 pm crunch. I think it's more mental than physical, but who's complaining?

2) I like my kitchen color more and more each day:)

3) Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week. Should I buckle down this weekend and do all the baking part of the end-of-school year gift and just present them next week instead of trying to do it the last week of school when all craziness breaks loose?

4) Why don't all my children like peanut butter sandwiches? What is not to love?

5) How often do other moms wash their kids sheets?

6) The door just opened.......how many more seconds do I really have?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. My rambling responses:
    I HEART the new kitchen color!
    My energy sag is around 1:30!!!
    Do the end of year gifting early ~ great idea.
    My oldest son's favorite lunch sandwich is peanut butter and banana. I make his school lunch 95% of the time.
    Sheets ~ I'll pass on that answer!
    Running a 5k ~ Your time was terrific. I am trying for a 10 minute/mile 5k. Doing speed work to increase my time. (You probably already know that "Fartleks" is the Swedish term for that.)
    My daughter, my friend and her daughter are running a mother/daughter 5k on Mother's Day morning.

    ReplyDelete