Thursday, April 22, 2010

Crazy Day....but still thankful :)

UPDATE: Big sigh of relief.......everyone was fed, loved, driven, open-housed, soft-balled.....and my laundry is still all over. All in all, a great day!


Today has crazy written all over it. There are 2 different art classes for 2 different girls with overlapping times, Open House night at school and due to timing of everything I'll need to go twice, babysitting for 2 kids after school and softball practice. My van is nearly running on fumes and the fridge is looking more scant than it has in awhile. Not surprisingly, my laundry hampers are full. Just after the girls got on the bus, I found a notebook and folder with homework on the kitchen counter. I had to take one of my daughters to an eye appt. yesterday and found out that while she doesn't need glasses, we do need to do some eye exercises which will involve homework and more eye appts. Kevin has barely a pair of pants without holes in the knees. It was actually going okay with shorts until we had a frost advisory last night. Oh, and I'm supposed to finish a cake sometime between today and tomorrow morning.

On the upside the kitchen is in much better shape than it was, but is still not completely organized and the dining room has collected all the overflow. Apparently, I really know how to time projects! I'm accepting the fact that today is what it is, and what gets done will get done. I actually sat down last night and wrote out an hour by hour schedule to see if it will help me not forget anything (or anyone!!)

Usually I'm much more anxious and panicked at this point, but really my "problems" are so much smaller than most of the world's right now. I'm going to enjoy my cup of coffee and count my blessings of this busy, busy day before I close my eyes and jump in!

1) I'm so glad we were able to find a great eye dr. for Peyton - she is a pediatric opthamologist (sp?) and was able to diagnose the problem within minutes. Such a blessing considering my daughter has been saying for weeks that she sees two of everything and it's all blurry - the fact that her eye muscles just aren't quite working right and can be fixed is a huge sigh of relief!

2) $$ for gas,food and clothes! And the fact that all are close enough to get to on fumes!!

3) School is right across the street, so even though that will add a third trip to Ye Olde Grammar School (not it's real name!:) it's really no big deal.

4) Time with my little guy - he's actually great company on days like this and is a good sport about errands. Especially with fruit snacks thrown in.

5) Target and Starbucks within the day's travels.....really, since it's not out of the way or anything......

I have lots more thoughts swirling in my head, but I need to take the reins and get going here! Have a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment