Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Fun


It is Easter Tuesday (if there's an Easter Monday, there gets to be an Easter Tuesday, in my book) and I am, as my now 4 year-old used to say at bedtime, "towered." Towered, towered, towered. So towered I want to curl up and take a nap at 9:22am. And that's after 2 cups of coffee and a contemplation of a third. I'm pretty sure my greatest accomplishment of today will be getting the brownie batter out of a light pink tank shirt that my daughter had JUST put on. Small victories, friends.

We had a wonderful spring break that included a visit from some family friends whose kids are bestest buds with our kids (read: built-in child entertainment!) and lots of Easter baking, egg-hunting, church-going, and in-law visiting. I was in charge of desserts for Easter dinner - here's a picture of the spread: (see above!)


For the life of me, I CANNOT figure out how to move the pictures where I want them, so I'm guessing this pic will be a little off center of where I actually WANT it to be, but you get the general idea. (I am of that slightly unfortunate generation where we learned to type on a thing called a typewriter because computers weren't in the schools yet and I blame that for my horrible lack of computer savvy - always pass the blame where/when you can!!)

Anyway, after all the baking, decorating and then cleaning up yesterday, plus getting outside because it was BEAUTIFUL I am soooooo glad for a kind of rainy, chilly day. And for Playhouse Disney, because it's getting me through right now where coffee is failing me. (I can't believe I just typed that!)

Have a great Snoozeday! (get it, instead of TUESDAY, SNOOZEDAY HA-HA-HA!) Going to take a little rest, now.

3 comments:

  1. It was a snooze-day here too. Today is the first day this week I haven't felt in a total fog. Nice to finally wake up :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could barely make it through Monday after an exhausting weekend. I feel like yesterday was the first day I had even a little bit of energy! You make me laugh!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being in charge of desserts for family get-togethers too. :) Your cookies are so cute - I love the cross cut-outs on the eggs. And the jelly beans around the cake looks great! I might have to steal that idea next year!!

    ReplyDelete