Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ganache Gaffe




So I have a ganache problem. The last few times I have attempted this rich chocolate glaze, it has not set up properly and turns out looking like the above photo. Fortunately, it still tastes really good (yeah!) and the guests I made it for are used to my experimenting and they really enjoy being my recipe subjects. (double yeah!) However, I'm of the "feast for the eyes" as well as the "tastes great!" school of thought so I would like to remedy this for the next time. I don't know if you can visualize it, but my goal was to have the 2 cakes look like Reese's Peanut Butter cups. I baked 2 halves of my Wilton giant cupcake pan, let them cool, sliced them in half and filled them with peanut butter buttercream that included chopped-up peanut butter cups. My goal was to pour the ganache over the cakes just so and have them covered in glossy looking, smooth chocolate. I ended up with runny ganache that barely stayed on the cake. If you have any suggestions, ideas, etc. for ganache the way it's supposed to be.....please let me know!

P.S. The cakes were gone in 2 days so I guess all's well that ends well!

No comments:

Post a Comment