Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Scrooge

I'm feeling a bit bah humbug-ish, but in an Easter, spring kind of way. Easter weekend seems to have just snuck up on me and I haven't baked, decorated, colored an egg with the kids or finished with a certain type of shopping. (Enough said in case anyone under 10 is into reading thirtysomething mom-type blogs, ha-ha.) I don't know if it's the uncommon beautiful weather we're having for a spring break week or that we're having company and I'd rather play or that I'm just tired of the commercialism. (oh, maybe having a break-through moment here!) Like one of my best friends said, "Maybe it's okay to make one holiday just about Jesus since Christmas is obviously not it!" So, any thoughts, ideas on how to celebrate the true holiday and still not disappoint kids and still manage to teach them about such a heavy topic and finish all the desserts I need to by Saturday night....anybody, anybody???

No comments:

Post a Comment