Friday, March 2, 2012

The beginning of March treats

The kids have yet another Friday off school, so we have been to the library, Panera, and are now cozy at home since it is SLEETING outside! So glad for home and family:)

I've baked up a storm these past two days. One of my after school kids had a birthday yesterday, and they always get to choose the celebratory snack for the gang. Plus, it timed out well that we got to celebrate the whole new van thing. Which was more relevant for our little family, but still ;)

I had made this recipe one day last summer and E told me back in July..."Miss Mindy, when my next birthday comes around I want these, please!!"

Seeing that I left a good portion of active brain cells in the delivery room, I had forgotten which recipe she was referring to when she reminded me that her birthday, and thus birthday treat, were coming up soon. I looked through my blog list and recipe book (I try to print recipes out right away because of the aforementioned lack of brain span.) I found it (phew!) and knew that since I had seen birthday Oreos it would be perfect to use them. I love the festive package!

Note: The original recipe (link at the bottom of the page) called for 14 cookies. I used the entire package (21 total "Birthday Oreos - fewer cookies AND more expensive!) less a few crumbles and/or half cookies that may or may not have been "tested."

Combine the cake mix, 1 stick softened butter and 1 egg. Press down into 9x13 sprayed pan. Add about 7 crushed Oreos (they will crush better if they are frozen first) and chocolate chips.

Pour can of condensed milk over..........

Then add a few more chocolate chips. I separated the Oreos, cut in half, and placed filling side up. I also added lots of sprinkles since I wanted them to be festive.

Hot, from the oven...........

Cut and cooling in the fridge.....

Every last scrap was consumed. I think this would be a fun treat to make for Easter, Halloween, and Christmas using the season appropriate Oreos. Here is the original recipe/site......this is a wonderful site for all kinds of amazing food!

No comments:

Post a Comment