I'm not saying the aftermath would be pretty. Just remarking on the delicious, addictive qualities of this ever so decadent treat.


I went to help at school yesterday and I like to bring fun stuff to the front office around holidays. These are the ladies that deal with numerous phone calls, paperwork, complaints, school info and, (heaven forbid!) early dismissal in case of severe weather issues. So, instead of blue ribbons they get buckets of toffee:) There is also a very special teacher that has retired, but 2 of my kids were blessed enough to have been in her classroom in the past. She subs now on occasion and is a fellow sweet-toother such as myself, so she received her own "bucket o' toffee."
The last one went to a sick friend. Because as the saying goes, "Feed a cold, starve a fever." Or is it the other way around?
Or maybe, "Do whatever you want, you're a grown-up now and goodness knows there's plenty that must be done, so you might as well take this opportunity to lie on the couch and eat toffee." Yes, if memory serves, that is how that phrase goes.
I found this recipe last fall from this blog.
Wow. I can't believe that just worked. Blogger must really want to be my Valentine this year. Yes, we obviously have some commitment issues to work through such as why it won't let me link to a particular post, but we're going to take it slow. We've both been burned before.
If you go to the October 6, 2011 post you will see the exact post and recipe. It was for Halloween so I obviously modified it for Valentine's Day. I think TGWAE and I could bake up a storm together. She sounds fun and creative.



Hint: I let each layer of chocolate set up in the freezer, though I was in a bit of a time crunch so I have more of a swirled effect going on. If I had allowed more time, I would have let the bottom milk chocolate layer set completely before adding the white. Also, I melted the white chocolate completely, then poured it over.
Well, I'm off to prepare dinner. And by prepare, I mean heat up leftovers. This is one of my favorite nights of the week. It goes like this.....
- Open fridge, take out all contents in foil or containers.
- Warm if necessary.
- Distribute the highly sought after offerings in an EXACTLY EVEN fashion.
- Beg, negotiate, barter with the lesser sought out items.
- Must have one vegetable, one protein.
- Yes, leftover cake and brownies will be served.
No comments:
Post a Comment