Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sweets and Sharing, Day 2

Note: Will plan to post a picture of the finished product tomorrow.

This will most likely be a very short post as I am VERY short on sleep. I have no good explanation for why I was awake most of the night, but then, I can't explain the fascination with the "Jersey Shore" phenomenon either.

And speaking of television, there are some FABULOUS infomercials on at 3:00 in the morning. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently. I found out from Susan Lucci that it's entirely possible to sit your way to a size 4 as long as you purchase her special Pilate's chair. And the California psychics TOTALLY know which direction your life will be going if you'll just call right now for $1.95.

But on the sunny side of things, I was more than ready to begin baking by 6:00 a.m. I already knew ahead of time I would be baking a cake for a friend of my Mom's. She wanted a white cake with chocolate/chocolate chip buttercream. Since I always have to level off the tops of the layers to make them even, my family will get to share in leftover cake scraps. That is, if there are any left as I seek energy from high-carb sources such as the buttercream container mixed with leftover cake and sprinkles.

But it sounds like I can burn off those extra calories if I just go sit for awhile and then make a phone call.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment