Which led me to ask myself:
"When did I get old enough to have a father-in-law who is 80??
Enough about me. Dear dad loves his chocolate cake and I've made several over the years, but each time I like to try something new. And what could be better than experimenting with chocolate cake and Oreos? And since I was buying regular Oreos, why not add some cute mini Oreos to the shopping cart?
We had plenty of people, so why not have cupcakes too?
(Why do I have so many questions tonight??!?!)
I started by dropping a full size Oreo into lined muffin pans.

I mixed up a white cake and crumbled about 6 Oreos into the batter - just enough for some Oreo flecks. I think I baked these for about 15 minutes at 350.

After they had cooled, I piped buttercream, added Oreo crumbles, and topped with a mini Oreo. This is what the cupcakes look like unwrapped....(and pre-frosted!)

And now for a close-up.....

A few to share with neighbors.....

And for the party.....

Together with the cake.....

I feel the cake should get a little more press, but between keeping up with Billy Crystal on the Oscars, children who are reluctant to get to bed and trying to figure out why exactly Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie annoy me so much, my head is a little scattered.
So......it was chocolate. I crushed some Oreos in the buttercream and attempted a number "80" out of mini Oreos.
Happy Birthday, Dad - you're 80 years young:)
No comments:
Post a Comment