Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Neapolitan Grahams



Back in the ancient days of the 1970's before there were 3,957 types of ice cream flavors to choose from at the grocery store, there was neapolitan ice cream. There was something so delectable about being able to have chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream (so decadent, so sophisticated!!) all in the same bowl. Truthfully, strawberry ice cream was never my favorite flavor, but what little girl doesn't love pink?!?! So, in a fit of nostalgia (and since I had some leftover pink candy melts and chocolate ganache) I made a batch of these grahams for an after-school snack. I dipped the white chocolate first, then spread the pink melts on and lastly dipped the opposite end in the ganache. I froze the grahams in between each dipping for about 6 minutes. I don't think the kids really got the whole "neapolitan" thing since the ice cream in our freezer these days is more along the lines of "Birthday Cake Swirl" and "Double Fudge Brownie" but they still enjoyed the unique treats.

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute!!! My grandparents always had neapolitan ice cream on hand in their freezer, so this brings back great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Oh yes, I remember that ice cream. I didn't like the strawberry either.

    ReplyDelete