Saturday, May 8, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Week

Here are some little gifts our teachers received this week:





These were made with royal icing and everyone seemed to enjoy them. A big shout-out to Molly who posted on her blog that you can curl the ribbons BEFORE you tie them on the bags. Thank you - it's a great time-saver!

Our schools also had a teacher appreciation luncheon and I had to admit I was a bit relieved that when I called the coordinator she said they were fine on dessert, thank you, but could I please bring something main or side dish-ish. I love to bake and decorate but every once in awhile a girl needs a break from powdered sugar and vanilla. I have no pictures of the chicken tetrazzini because while it tastes great, it makes for a very boring photo-op.

I need to go make breakfast for 3 people who seem to think breakfast is still part of the deal of a lazy Saturday (technically 4 once my husband wakes up and smells the empty coffee pot). I guess the brownie ends they were given an hour ago in exchange for "Mommy computer time without interruption" has run its course. Rats.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! The cookies are cute - I love the purple and yellow together - it looks like such a happy cookie. :)

    ReplyDelete