Must, must, MUST beg, borrow or steal a haircut! Not only have my ends split but they have taken the last bus out of town and thumbed their nose as me while doing so. (Yes, I realize how horrible of a joke that is - humor me, it's Monday and raining.) After the weekend we've had, I'm really glad for a slow, rainy start to the week - maybe it will settle things down here!
Must also attend to the Laundry Fest 2010 that is currently reproducing at bunny-like rates.
Would also like to post pics from my neighbor's bake/garage sale, but the computer must also be feeling slow and rainy because it won't let me at this time. For all you interested parties, a recap of the past few days:
Saturday: Woke way earlier than I needed to for a scheduled 7:00am run with my neighbor. We only run together once a week because she works during the day and runs in the evening and I run in the morning and spend the rest of the day lying on the beach and catching up on my trashy novel reading. Her daughter and one of mine are both early risers, so they have started the practice of a 7:00am Saturday playdate. They think it rocks. Mr. B doesn't think 7:00am rocks at all, but he is a good sport and supervises while his wife and I do our running thing.
After the running date, I fed my children + 1 bonus child + 1 husband breakfast before making the trek to the "world's farthest drive away ever plus you will get lost because Mapquest has once again failed you" 1st softball game of the season. Know how you know it's softball season?? When you pack 6 peanut butter sandwiches (crusts off!) carrot sticks and water bottles and get to the game (finally!), rush daughter and friend to the field cause you're already late, plop your exhausted derriere down only to have your 2 younger children ask, "Can you take us to the park now?" You'll spend the next 2 hours between the park while trying to shout a "Way to go!" every once in awhile, feeding people, handing out stale Cheez-it's to the team, making sure your youngers don't get hurt while searching for gravel to toss into the mud puddles and fielding (pun intended) questions about what's going in the lunch boxes on Monday. And then your husband will honestly ask why you didn't see so-and-so make their pitch or Suzy Softball make that home run or wonder why you're asking "is it the last inning yet, please, oh please."
We capped off Saturday by attending a 1 year-old b-day party (so cute and fun!) and bringing one of the siblings home for an impromptu overnight. When breakfast was served Sunday the sweet little friend said, "Wow! Do you always eat this good?!?!" No darling, once your metabolism hits the mid-30's you will sadly wave good-bye and watch it leave with your split ends.
We met up at those dreaded Arches of Doom for lunch to do the kid swap and collected the newest Shrek toys. (Side note: I'm not sure what it says about me when I tell you the 2 summer movies I can't wait to see are Shrek 4 and Toy Story 3. The A-Team movie will be a close third. I wonder if I could fashion a cookie to look like that stylin' black van?!?!) After the lunch meeting it was back home until softball pictures in the afternoon. We had leftovers for dinner and the kids were curious as to why Mommy insisted on a 7:45pm bedtime. (For me silly, not them!)
Here's to Mondays because the weekends wear me out!
Dear daughter,
ReplyDeleteOh, how funny it is to read these things and be able to remember being so busy but to not have to BE THAT BUSY! Hang in there (I know that you will) and keep up the great work! And, oh...thanks for the peanut butter sandwich at the game! (I didn't think to bring one!) :) Love you!
I could "see" it all! Good story telling.
ReplyDelete