I got next to no sleep last night due to a big storm in our area (read: scared children in our room all starting before midnight!) so this post may be a little all over the place. I have not started laundry, done a run, or engaged in meaningful housekeeping, but the my bed is made and the carnage known as breakfast clean-up has been done, so I'm treating myself to a little blog time and a 2nd cup of coffee.
Here's my thankful list:
1) Warm, cozy house safe from the storm.....really, REALLY appreciated this last night!
2) Michael's stores: I was there yesterday and found they are completely rearranging their cake/cookie decorating aisle. I only had 5 minutes and really needed white fondant that I couldn't find because of operation organization. I found the nicest employee who invited me went to the craft/party room and dug out a box of fondant from the bottom of a cart that they are currently storing things in. She promised that by week's end it would all be done and they had LOTS of new stuff coming in. She was as excited as I was and I felt like doing a little happy dance right there in the aisle because new stuff from Wilton at Michael's is my love language. I refrained and went to check-out with my 40% off coupon - and did the happy dance in my head because I actually remembered my coupon. FYI - THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU MICHAEL'S ADDICTS, I MEAN SHOPPERS! The store is no longer putting coupons in the Sunday paper (I believe this is nationwide) due to cost, paper saving, etc. so if you don't get a coupon printed off with your receipt always check the website before heading out. I'm trying to get better at this with all stores as I'm probably missing out on some major money savings.
3) One of our mealworms is going through it's pupa stage......maybe we can release this things into the wild soon (glory day!)
4) A cozy day at home...:)
5) School bus transportation - sending a big thank-you (even though he won't be reading this!) to our wonderful bus driver.....faithful Tom who drives/monitors/supervises day after day......really, can you imagine having that job? But he seems to love it and he is "Mr. Safety, abide-by-the-book" and always waves as he drives off.....we are grateful for him!
Have a great Thursday, I'm going to try and rustle up some motivation!
No comments:
Post a Comment