Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Non-Fashion and Fun

A month or so ago I got to visit my great friend Parker. She and I usually try to escape the 7 kids that we bore and run off like two women escaping the insane asylum while shouting "Free Bird!"

Relax, we always return within 2-3 hours. One hour, if our husbands have any say in the matter.

Which typically they don't.

So, on our great escapes/adventures we go a little nutty and grab a coffee or a coke and go to one of our favorite retailers. I won't divulge which location but it rhymes with "Smarget."

I had received a gift card for my birthday so we started in the clothing section where I ran into a hopeless array of "don'ts."

I may catch some flak for this, but in my opinion, if you are over the age of 3, you should not wear rompers.

Especially powder-blue, see-through ones.

I did find this to be cute, but the colors just didn't seem quite right. In all fairness, my camera didn't capture the true shades.

Disgusted and discouraged, we decided to head over to the toddler girls department. You can ALWAYS find something cute there. And I can get my Sesame Street fix because even the youngest in my house has declared S.S. to be for "babies."

As if.

It's almost as if they jumped inside my brain for this one....

I WANT pajamas like this! It's always "Pasture" bedtime as far as I'm concerned.

I did gravitate to one section of the women's department. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

And that, my friends, is why I'll never be a fashionista. But I'm just fine baking up a storm while wearing my running clothes.

1 comment:

  1. Hysterical!

    I saw a dress at Target this summer that I liked but they didn't have it my size. I pulled out my phone and took a picture of it and a Tarjay employee pounced on me informing me that photographing the merchandise was NOT ALLOWED.

    I must have looked like a spy for Walmart or something.

    I tried to explain to her why I was doing it and she cut me off and once again scolded me (rudely, may I add) that I was not permitted to do it.

    Seriously? I told her that I was sorry and I clearly must have missed the notification of said policy. I did mention that I had seen the "no firearms" sign (this is the South), as well as the "no pets" and "no soliciting" and had no problem following those rules. When she started to tell me a third time, I had enough. I suggested her time would be better spent talking to the 13 year old girls that were in the fitting room next to me trying on various things and obviously taking pictures of how funny they looked, at which point I turned around and walked away.

    ReplyDelete