Okay, back to reality. We are planning on swimming our way over to the library this morning and once I'm back home with all kids in school it's time to get ready for Girls Night here tonight. (Kris, we MISS you!!)
I know I posted about Pom-Pom cupcakes (decorative fluff!) last time, but wanted to show you a little trick.
Start with enough of these for each cupcake. I believe I spent $2.86 at Walmart per pack.

For the "pom" effect I used a Wilton grass tip and decorated the outer edge first.

Here is my attempt at photographing the "drop and plop" method. It's all sleight of hand;)

On a side note, I often see questions that readers ask on others' blogs about what type of camera they use to capture such great shots. I don't have an FAQ section, but if I did and this question was posed here is my answer....
"For all my food photos I use either my cell phone camera or the Kodak Easy Share C183. It was purchased on a Black Friday sale at Walmart and can most likely be found in between the Tyson Chicken nuggets and $5.00 Hanes T-shirts."
Once all cupcakes have been "plopped", I finished decorating them inside their individual containers.


The cupcakes were super easy to transport (I just used my big baking pans to carry them) and even easier to hand out to each girl at the end of the game. Since it was a messy treat, they could then take it home to enjoy. Because of the frosting height, I wasn't able to use the lids.....

I think I'm going to try and get crafty and do something in the way of Christmas ornaments...like maybe a plastic-container decorated tree. Hey, it hasn't been done yet, has it?!?!
And here is a little shout-out to one of my good baker friends. She was in charge of cupcakes for our other team squad....

Aren't they great??! She heated the buttercream, dipped the cupcake tops and then used sugar sheet cut-outs for decorations. Genius!!
No comments:
Post a Comment