Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Here it is....

You know how I was busy trying to organize last week? I have a few photos. Truthfully, they are not all that exciting to view, but I will share with you a few tricks I've found to be helpful.

I found this on clearance in the back-to-school section of Target for $4.97. I figure if everyone else gets fun fall supplies I should to. This binder holds pens/pencils, a small clipboard for grocery lists and to-do lists. I try to have a rough outline of what needs to be done each day and refer to this often. Kind of like my brain on paper. I've tried electronic lists on my phone, but nothing is quite so satisfying as crossing items off an actual sheet of notebook paper. I use the "Pocket Docket" that is listed under "tools/downloads" at Simple Mom.net.

This is a five folder accordion file that I've had for quite awhile. I divide the tabs into weeks (Days 1-7, 8-14, etc) and I am trying to get better at checking it daily. I use this for papers that are dated so that (at least in theory!) I know exactly where to go for what form as it is needed. Example: Field Trip is next Friday. The sheet needs to be filled out but it is not yet due. Instead of relying on my brainpower, which seems to diminish slowly day by day, I file it away.

This last one is a set-up I've had for awhile, but need to better at utilizing. The idea behind this is that each child has a space for paperwork that needs to be kept for a longer time period. For instance, a child's sports info for the next 2 months, or a teacher handbook for the school year. I will 3 hole punch the pages, then file away in the binder. I have an out-of-the-way space on a wall that is somewhat hidden, so this is the perfect spot. If you have some space in a pantry or a closet, that could work well also.

On my fridge, there is currently a "Meals This Week" sheet, a school calendar, a family calendar and an activity calendar. I wanted to take a picture, but just thinking about it made me nearly black-out, so I saved you from that. You're welcome:)

So, that in a nutshell is what I'm trying to achieve. What are your favorite ways to keep up with lists, school papers, menu/dinner ideas and the general mayhem??

No comments:

Post a Comment