(Think Beach Boys "Be True to Your School.")
And since I have 2 little cheerleaders this season, I decided to make cupcakes that resembled pom-poms. I just googled pom-poms to make sure I had it spelled correctly and found the funniest quote on Wikipedia..."A pom-pon (also known as pompom) is, at its most basic level, a decorative ball of fluff."
I think there are alot of things in life I could refer to as a "decorative ball of fluff."
But, I think fluff might have been achieved.
In keeping with Spirit Week, each day the kids had the option to participate in some sort of "dress up." We had Red/White/Blue Day, Wacky Day, Retro Day and of course, school colors day on Friday.
To cap things off, we had a fundraiser at the local McDonalds. Every food purchase made will have a percentage kicked back to our school and the teachers got in on the fun by working behind the counter.
Not so much a grumble as an observation....We are NOT allowed to bring in food treats to school EVER, but ordering Super Size fries and Big Macs are heartily endorsed. Oh, the irony.
And if you've never tried dining out with your family on school night at a restaurant designed to seat 100 people at best, you just aren't getting your money's worth out of this parenting thing. I ate a bacon cheeseburger purely out of over stimulation and noise hypersensitivity.
But, the kids thought it was just great because how else are those poor deprived beings going to get the latest Happy Meal toy??
No comments:
Post a Comment