So, I like to see what spin I can put on these little squares that some genius long ago concocted. This combined with the fact that I had 2 cups of Cocoa Puffs that were destined for either a recipe or the Food Shelf of Shame. What's the Shelf of Shame, you ask? It's the designated bin, basket or shelf in the pantry where we put things like the remaining 1/2 cup of oyster crackers or the last hot dog bun. No one can commit to eating it, but throwing it out makes us feel slightly guilty.
So, I took out a stick of butter (or stick o' buttah, if you're Paula Deen) and 2 bags of 10 oz marshmallows since I was doubling my batch. I think I even threw in an extra cup of marshmallows since I tend to add a little more butter/marshmallows to my mixture. I cannot abide a dry tasting Rice Krispie treat. Really, a girl has to have standards.
It's important to melt together on a VERY low heat....

I used about 8 cups of Rice Krispies along with the puffs.

It's messy, but someone's got to do it!

And then I remembered that we had these little fun add-ins on hand....

So I patted down half the cereal mixture (coat hands well with Pam spray and this will make your life easier) and crumbled one row of chocolate filled Oreos over. I added the rest of the cereal then crumbled another row of cookies before pressing it down firmly in the pan.

Rice Krispie Cookie Cocoa Puff Treats!
No comments:
Post a Comment