As far as weekends go, I've had better. It started yesterday with the car. After rushing everyone about to head out for church (and silently grumbling inside that every week, EVERY WEEK! we are 5 minutes later than we should be), the van didn't start. Every time I turned the key, it would do a rapid fire sound. For some reason, I felt the need to repeat said action 2 more times just to make sure.
Since it was 0 degrees, the kids got shuffled back inside and we proceeded to come up with all sorts of conclusions as to what it might be.
Two phone calls and 1 1/2 hours later we had the auto service (quick, efficient, timely!) out to jump start the car so we could take it to our local Firestone. God bless the car repair industry that doesn't observe the Sabbath. (Though technically, isn't the Sabbath Saturday??) They were able to replace what ended up being an almost dead battery and change the oil (just for good measure) in under 2 hours. Let me just state that I am SOOOO grateful this happened in our own garage, on a weekend with all of us at home and not stranded somewhere. My husband and I had each taken the van out on separate trips the day before so knowing what could have happened, especially with kids in tow, made it easy to keep it in perspective.
Which was all great and fine because the play-off game between the Bears and Packers was slated to begin at 2 p.m. (3:00 p.m. Eastern - I only bring that up because when the girls were little and they saw a show advertisement that stated the time they would always exclaim..."Mommy, it's on at 3:00 Eastern, 2:00 Standard!")
Hubs had made plans to watch the game with a fellow Bears fan. I had whipped up a quick batch of snacks to send, then the kids and I settled in to at least keep an eye on the game while preparing backpacks, lunches, etc. for the week ahead.
It was pretty much over by the second quarter. And then an interception during the last few minutes of the game sealed ouf fate.
And this is the part of the post where I stop pretending to know what I'm talking about.
But this much I know. We lost, there will be no Super Bowl for us this year. Which we Bear fans know and accept as pretty much the norm.
So, after a dead battery and a beaten team, we all went to bed thinking positive thoughts for the 'morrow.
Until 3:00 a.m. when youngest woke up with an awful cough and high temp. After a liberal dosing of ibuprofen (for little one) and a fitful rest of the morning sleeping on a combination of crib mattress, stuffed animals and random pillows (me), I'm ready to call this weekend done!
Bless your heart! I hope your week goes smoothly.
ReplyDelete