Ever had a Sunday that you napped to prepare for the thinking of the week ahead? That was my afternoon yesterday.
It's a busy but exciting next few days. After all my goings-on about baking less, I am making cakes and cupcakes for 4 different events next weekend. It helps that I am only working one day this week, (only way it's possible, frankly) but somehow my "free" week now includes being a field trip chaperon for my youngest, 8th grade dress shopping and a state science fair for my oldest, first baseball game of the season for Kevin and plenty of mom/kid time for the one in the middle who is currently on activity hiatus but needs research into activities that are upcoming for her :)
So, tonight I won't lie.......I was hoping baseball practice would be cancelled due to rain and we could call it an early night. (who am I kidding? I always hope for early nights!)
But it was SO much fun to see the little guys running around and getting ready for the first game of the season. The weather held off and Kevin ran off the field saying, "That was a GREAT practice!" I had forgotten my book, so I just sat there from the warmth of my car (yes, I'm THAT kind of sports mom) and watched all the guys practice hits and runs and everything else baseball-ish that one would do. (yes, I'm also a member of THAT sports mom group. Ask me about oven temps and times for the best fudgy brownies or how to not have your cupcakes sink or overflow, but sports terminology and stats??? Insert blank stare here. Let's see who's complaining when snacks are passed out this weekend.)
So, we are back home and cozy and I'm feeling good about the beginning of the week...here's hoping and believing the momentum will last!
No comments:
Post a Comment