Friday, May 2, 2014

May Day, May Day!

I guess I should have posted that yesterday, but I was away most of the day on a 2nd grade field trip to the zoo with my youngest.

It was fun to see him and his band of four other little guys enjoy the animals and scenery while I counted five heads, over and over and over and over and over.....

But they were a great group and looked out for one another and we made the best of the day in spite of the rain and 40 degree temps (really?!?!??  On May 1st?!!?)

And I am giving myself a small pat on the back for making it through that with a head cold that started on Wednesday and HAS NOT let up.  I'm sure the damp, chilly air didn't help.  I am able to be home today but need to finish up some cakes that I have committed to (don't worry, I am hosing myself down with soap, water, Purell and keeping everything clean, clean, clean!) and while I know it isn't the worst thing out there, I HATE having a cold!  Seems like such a waste of time ;)

So, my wonderful mom and husband are pinch-hitting for me today so I don't have to be anywhere but here.....they heard my "MAY DAY" distress call!

Maybe May will end on a higher note than it started......

No comments:

Post a Comment