Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hello there!

It has been a heck of a past couple of weeks.

I am still getting over the cold I caught last week that was not helped by the rainy and cold day at the zoo for the 2nd grade field trip.

Then, I had a slew of cakes to finish for friends, plus a couple of weekend events and the garden variety of household chores, kids games, practices, laundry, errands and the like.

To top off the fun, I woke up 2 days ago with a severe pain on the bottom of my left foot.  It felt like either a pulled muscle (trust me, with being sick and trying to get stuff done, I haven't really done anything active in days) or a bruise.  I hobbled around home and work all day and prayed it wasn't anything serious as I almost crawled across the ball field for my son's game.

It's Teacher Appreciation week and I'm trying to finish up brownies for the teacher luncheon as if to say....."Thank you for all you do, it's a good brownie.  Not nearly as good as what you all deserve as these brownies are not served up alongside $100 bills and gift certificates to a spa, but, please, enjoy."

And my husband has been traveling this week and last week as well.  I made it a point to not mention this once on my blog during the time, because although I am the kind of girl who will lecture and chide her children to NEVER speak (type?) to anyone online they don't recognize, then turn around and "friend" the friend of a friend of a friend" on Facebook, I know better than to announce to the Internet at large when it's just mama and the kids.

(Though frankly, if anyone attempted any sort of less than benevolent attack, they would find themselves quite tripped up in shoes left lying on the floor, homework papers everywhere, and general kitchen mayhem and disarray.......and even in my compromised physical state I feel this would give me just enough of the upper hand to hobble over and infect them with my hacking cough.)

But, I digress.  My main reason is pointing out the above, other than receiving some sympathetic nods, is this:

SINGLE PARENTS ROCK.  Seriously.  I'm not even going to try and pontificate any further.  I tip my hat to you all.

So, I am going to soldier on today and try to get this to-do list at least somewhat done even if it means we eat leftover brownie edges for dinner!

P.S.  For now my foot is feeling better.  I believe I shall file that under "Funky things that can go wrong just because they can when you are already having a week that is sort of a character builder already."  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment