Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Checking in

May, why are you so busy crazy?!?!?

We are keeping up with end of school activities (yes, let's cram everything in these last few weeks, shall we?!?!?) softball, baseball, work, etc.

May is also a time for first communions - I have several friends that have asked me to make the cross cake.  It is one of my favorite cakes to decorate:









With all that buttercream around, I'm really trying to eat healthy......but buttercream and cookie dough usually win!

Last month, the kids school had their annual Daddy/Daughter Dance.  It is always a very fun time for the dads and girls and this year they had a "sweet" theme, so I modified this recipe slightly so it could be colorful....speaking of buttercream, if you are a fan of both that and sugar cookies, this is for you!

 I separated the dough into 3 parts, then colored it, then pressed together like a puzzle - the kids loved it!


And speaking of Daddy/Daughter Dances - when did this beautiful girl get so grown up?!!?

2014:
 
2009:
Slow down, May.....and the rest of the months too, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment