We hosted an afternoon brunch at our house and ate delicious Cadbury Egg Cake......yummm!
Isn't the inside fun??? We modified the filling just a bit by adding 1/2 jar of marshmallow fluff to the frosting. It gave it that "inside of the Cadbury egg" taste. My oldest daughter made this herself! We did use a boxed cake mix instead of the from scratch recipe...there is one piece left and we are both eyeing it on this Monday night after Easter!
And the rest of the treats.....lemon roll cake and carrot cake pops!
We enjoyed lots of other really great food that my parents and in-laws brought, too. I didn't have a chance to get a good photo as I was busy serving it up!
The kids colored eggs on Saturday night, I love all the colors :)
AND.....real eggs just in time for Easter.....duck eggs! We saw the mama mallard on Easter day....after the festivities we are trying to keep that area quite and leave everyone alone so we can hopefully have 10 (ten!?!?!?) little ducklings. I know they won't stick around for long after they have hatched, but I'm hoping we can at least get a quick look before they leave for greener (bluer??) pastures/waters ;)
Hope your Easter was filled with hope and joy and all good things!






No comments:
Post a Comment