Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Candy Corn Bark

I'm pretty sure I've posted this recipe before.  (Can I get someone that knows what they're doing to help me set up tabs?!?!  I'm sure it's so simple but it evades me.)

This is my friend Jacki's recipe.  You can use either saltines or graham crackers if  you want the full-on sugar effect.  What I love about this is that it's so easy to keep the ingredients on hand and you can mix and match your toppings and dress it up for any holiday.  If you keep a cute stash of containers on hand you will never lack for a last minute dessert or hostess gift again.


 First, start with your butter and brown sugar...it makes me happy to see that heart :)  Melt and stir until it comes to a boil.
 Spray your pan, then lay out crackers in a single layer.

Pour your brown sugar mixture over.
 Bake at  400.  I stuck the pan in for 10 minutes and it got waaaay too brown.  Start with 7 and see how it goes.  It will be so incredibly hot, (second degree burn hot) so be careful taking this in and out of the oven.
 After you have removed your "hopefully not overdone" crackers from the oven, pour a bag of chocolate chips over evenly.  Let sit for about 5 minutes then gently spread it across - don't worry, the heat will have melted those chips completely even though they may retain their shape at first.
 Sprinkle liberally with candy corns - I used the caramel flavored ones!
 Stick in the freezer for about 30 minutes to cool.  Break into several various size pieces......
Then place into a cute bag and take a picture of them in the car! ;)

Ingredients:

Graham crackers or saltine crackers (about 1 to 1 1/2 packages

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 bag chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
Candy Corns - or sprinkles, etc.

1 comment: