Monday, October 22, 2012
"It's all about the candy corn" Week!
You all know my favorite part of Halloween is the candy.....and not much else :)
And candy corn is just so happy - cute, colorful, fun.
So - why not dedicate a week to candy corn recipes? Oh yes, let's.
I made these bars a few weeks ago during the height of "Fall Ball" season. The weather was still somewhat summery feeling, but the girls gobbled up these blondie-type treats.
Here is where I make an honest and somewhat embarrassing confession. I can't remember what recipe I used. This is what happens when you rely on your brain to categorically call to memory what top five items are needed from the store, who goes where to what birthday party over the weekend, which child does or does not like chocolate covered raisins and still try to recall when the ceiling fans were last dusted.
I vaguely remember reading a blog and, after attempting to measure ingredients while reading from my laptop scribbling the recipe down while fixing breakfast, switching laundry, and refereeing some small number of children.
Okay, now I don't feel so terrible about my memory.
A conundrum indeed. I feel I am almost at that point where I should be walking around with a tape recorder (do they still make those?!?) so I can navigate daily life.
We can make this work......
First, start off with a bag of Candy Corn Oreos - available only at Target, I believe, But really, since when is THAT a problem?? If you aren't near a Target, you have my most heartfelt condolences and you can go ahead and use Golden Oreos.
Let's mix up this recipe: (but leave out the chocolate chips and marshmallows)
Spread about 1/2 to 2/3 of batter in pan. Blondie batter is thick, you may need to spray your hands with non-stick spray and work the batter to the edges. Place Oreos side by side, plop on the rest of the batter, and use some yellow and orange sprinkles.
Then, generously sprinkle candy corn over the top.
Bake, then remember the most important part:
TAKE A PICTURE OF THEM WHEN THEY ARE ALL DONE! Because I'd love to have a photo of that ;) But really, after that story, are you really surprised I forgot??
Happy Baking!
Labels:
baking,
holidays,
Of jeans and Halloween....,
recipes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment