A quick add-on....the link I included doesn't click over to the page. If you want to see the recipe, just copy and paste into a new screen.
Also, I realized one of my blog friends already has a "Try-it" Tuesday, (don't want to be a copycat:) so I want to think of a new name for my Tuesday Pinterest experiments....I'll keep you posted!
Featuring this week.....
Chicken Enchiladas!! (That is one blurry, photo....sorry!)
I have seen this recipe circulating quite a bit. Normally, I make enchiladas using shells, bottled enchilada sauce, chicken, and some cheese. If I'm feeling crazy I will throw some canned beans in the mix.
This recipe adds sour cream and cream cheese. Really, you can't go wrong.
I did not have green onions on hand, I didn't use the cumin or chili pepper, and I forgot the corn.
Looking at that above sentence reminds me of why I am more of a baker than a cook.
But, people have got to eat, so hi-ho, hi-ho, dinner preparing we go.
In spite of my shortcomings, this recipe was delicious! I was able to assemble everything quickly and since it baked in about 20 minutes, it was a fast meal on a busy night.
http://www.thespiffycookie.com/2011/07/29/cream-cheese-chicken-enchiladas/
Rating: *****
As you will see, my photo doesn't appear to feature nearly the amount of shredded cheese that you will find on the linked picture. There is nothing that I love more than extra cheese on Mexican food, pizza and fries. But, I also love brownies and cupcakes and cookies and birthday cake and I like my jeans to still fit, so I cut corners where I can ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment