Here we are - Day 2. This is another Candy Corn Oreos recipe - super easy with only 4 ingredients!
Beware, these are a bit time consuming, but they are tasty and a little bit different.
But before I divulge the super, top-secret recipe, (that I remembered!!!!) a bit of a story.
Every Christmas, one of my good friends makes Oreo Snowballs for our neighborhood cookie exchange. (She also makes another huge batch for ANOTHER cookie exchange she is involved in, and if you try out just one recipe you will agree that she should be sainted for all the hours she must spend working on these.)
Anyway, the Oreo Snowballs are SOOOOOOO good and rich and addictive, that I feel guilty eating more than just one.
However, if you eat a second while walking on the treadmill, it doesn't count. And if you pause your treadmill and go for a third, well.....I assume that gets worked off too ;)
I have always wanted to try the same recipe. but with Golden Oreos and chocolate coating. (As the name suggests, the Snowballs are the original cookie dipped in white chocolate.)
Since I had some Oreos left over from the blondies, I ground them up to make yet another version. I had a minimal amount of white almond bark, so as you can see, I only dipped the tops.
Here is what you need:
1 package Oreos (Golden or Candy Corn)
1 8 oz package cream cheese
White candy melts or Almond bark
You will need a blender or food processor to chop up the Oreos, filing and all. Add your softened cream cheese, blend well. Refrigerate for about an hour (remember, if you are in a time crunch situation, the freezer is your friend) then form into balls. Chill again for a few minutes, dunk in melted chocolate, then quickly adhere a candy corn. Sprinkles are cute, too.
I think they would be cute on a platter if you are going to a Halloween party - great for little goblins or grown-up ghouls!

Where do I send my resume for a taste-tester??!!
ReplyDelete