Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Photos and Meatballs and various other Wednesday type things

Well, I didn't make it to the gym and didn't watch either of my DVR shows. I stayed home, worked out with Jillian Michaels via DVD and then watched Dear Genevieve on HGTV while I cleaned up, finished laundry and made stuffed shells. Since it was sunny I even opened the windows for some fresh air which is FANTASTIC for January.

(Welcome to MindyLand, where you can hear each and every FASCINATING detail! She cooks, cleans, watches TV and occasionally cracks open a window!)

Anyhoo.

Here is a neat little trick about stuffed shells I learned from someone - I think it was on the "Best Bites" blog.

Take your cooked shells and fill with meatballs....

These were Trader Joe's turkey meatballs that I let thaw a bit, then cut them in half.
Then, (and this is the magical part!) take your cheese mixture (I used about 3 cups cottage cheese, 2 eggs and some salt and pepper and garlic seasoning) and just spread OVER the shells instead of stuffing each individual one!

The row on the right was a section for the extra meatballs, I poured sauce over the whole pan and voila! All done and ready to go. Since I made then ahead of time and put them in the fridge, it took about 40 minutes at 350 to cook completely through.

Well, I really need to sign off and attempt my next project, which is really one BIG project for 2012 that I have decided will have to be broken down into small sections.

Here's why....

Yep.
Photos.
See those 2 bins - FULL OF PICTURES! From as far back as the 1950's, people!!! Plus, several hundred on my computer that need to ordered, organized, etc.

I LOVE pictures and documentation and frames and organization, but this is going to be one big, spread out type of project. And I know that if I don't at least make a dent in it over the next 2 months or so, the weather will start to get nice and it will NOT get done until next January. At which point I'll probably have hundreds more photos stored.

Well, I'm going to go fuel up.....

2 comments:

  1. Pictures-UGH!!! I have a love hate/relationship with them...LOVE taking pictures and having them for memories but HATE organzing, storing, printing them! I have thousands of pictures stored up that I am in the process of printing off. I printed off 750 before Christmas, now I have to label, sort and store them. Oh well, someday I'll be so glad I was obsessed with pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea stuffing the shells with meatballs! I will have to try that one.

    : ))
    Jen

    ReplyDelete