But, alas, all good things must end. We are supposed to have snow and cold temperatures in less than 24 hours.
Sigh.
It has been so incredible to take long afternoon walks in the warm sun and breathe in the balmy air.
So, in anticipation of winter's eventual arrival, I stocked up on groceries tonight while my husband held down the kitchen clean-up/homework/putting away of laundry fort.
I got out of the car, grabbed a cart, and took one last drag of fresh, 45 degree, clear air.
"Good-bye, inhaled air that doesn't make my lungs hurt....I'll see you again in April.
To celebrate (sort of) the arrival of snow, I mixed up a batch of Pioneer Woman's cinnamon roll dough.* The plan is for everyone to wake up to a surprise of snow and cinnamon/cream cheese frosting wonderfulness.
However, as anyone who has ever tried this recipe knows, it takes HOURS to get the dough to rise to the perfect consistency. And I am not one who can stay up until midnight until it is JUST RIGHT.
But, there is a certain someone who is playing basketball with friends tonight and will roll in just in time to help me out. I left him a little reminder just in case he forgets.....

I'll report back in the morning.
*First off, I would be remiss to not admit that I love using the * symbol. It makes me feel so very published, even if it is on a website that anyone, ANYONE, with even the most remedial of typing skills, can subscribe to.
**Secondly, the link option of said website and I have been in a love/hate relationship for months now. I am currently in the "Ignore it and it will come back to you bearing chocolates and flowers and whispers of sweet nothings" stage.
I'm still waiting.
So, until then, if you would like the cinnamon roll recipe, log onto www.thepioneerwoman.com and use the search word "cinnamon roll recipe" on her recipe/cooking page.
*First, the * symbol is a wonderful thing.
ReplyDelete** Those cinnamon rolls rock. Yummers!!!