Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pictures and then...some more pictures

So, I started the great Picture Project of 2012 yesterday.

And quickly succumbed to that sense of being overwhelmed, which led to slight panic, which led to wanting to curl up on the couch and pretend Kodak never happened.

But, I soldiered on and told myself I just needed to see what could get done in thirty minutes.

Really, no reason to hyperventilate - I've got plenty of paper bags in the kitchen.

Off to the Snapfish website I went. And realized I hadn't ordered pictures since our Disney trip. The trip that we took about 10 days shy of a year ago. Oh, and I took 389 pictures while we were there. Not to mention the rest of the years' worth of pictures. I had a moment of near black-out when I couldn't remember how to actually ORDER prints and thought back to my couch/chocolate arrangement and how tempting that would be.

I regained my conscience, remembered what to do, and chose nearly 200 prints.

Progress to date:
Ordered the rest of the Disney pictures for our family album. The kids albums already had their Disney pictures right up until that last photo in the airport parking garage (we are nothing if not classy) on the way home.

Ordered family album pictures through Fall 2011. Uploaded Holiday 2011 to Snapfish (which takes quite a while!)

I realized I take WAAAAAAY too many pictures. And I don't delete enough. But, all in all, I would rather have that issue than look back one day and have regrets. Really, bowls of half-eaten cookie dough and buttercream fill the regret list quite nicely, why add "wish I had more pictures of my kids" to that??

Another thought: While I take way more photos and am way more lax since the digital age has dawned, (since I finally jumped on board that speeding train in the last couple of years) I feel much more secure that if something should happen to my photo albums - real, live you-can-touch-them albums, there are plenty of sites that I could go to in order to replace them. I hadn't really thought too much about that until a friend of mine pointed it out to me last year.

So, today's goal is to reorganize one album in between cleaning, laundry, kids and working out...I'm giving myself permission to (gasp!) throw out any vague or fuzzy pictures that didn't truly capture a moment.

Wish me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment