Time to start combining days, lol!!
Tip 6: Make your final grocery list TONIGHT. I am working tomorrow, but am planning to be up and out early Thursday morning for my last minute ingredients.
Tip 7: Plan when you will prep your Christmas morning breakfast. I generally do this Christmas Eve afternoon. If you are looking for ideas, here is what we serve every Christmas:
Tator Tot Casserole:
1lb ground sausage, ham or bacon
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cups milk
6 eggs
2 lbs tator tots
Salt and pepper
Spray a 9x13 pan and spread out tots. Sprinkle meat and cheese over, then whisk milk and eggs and pour over. Season to taste. Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes, or until eggs are not jiggly.
Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 loaves Rhodes bread dough
1 small box cook and serve vanilla pudding
1 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
Grease a 9x13 or a bundt pan (my favorite) and cut bread dough into bite size pieces. Spread in pan. Melt butter, then add the remaining ingredients and whisk smooth. Pour over bread. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
Icing:
1/2 stick softened butter
4 oz cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4+ tbsps milk or 1/2+1/2
Beat butter and cream cheese til smooth. Slowly add remaining ingredients until a slightly pourable consistency is achieved. Drizzle over warm monkey bread.
Both of these dishes can be made 24 hours ahead and refrigerated. I stick these in before we open presents and then it's ready to be served right about the time we crawl out of the wrapping paper.
BAKING HINTS : Rhodes bread dough is sold in the freezer section. I will set out on counter for an hour or so, then cut while it is defrosting. So much easier to cut than when the dough is sticky. Secondly, I prefer to make monkey bread in a bundt, because the center core ensures everything bakes evenly. Sometimes, in a 9x13, the center is undercooked.
I hope this finds you warm and cozy and enjoying this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment