Sunday, December 4, 2016

Twelve Tips of Christmas (Day 2)

Today I'm talking about one of my very favorite things - BAKING!  This season is such an amazing time for bakers.  But, let's be honest - it is a lengthy process and the hours seem to dwindle down during this busy month of December.  So here are a few things I like to do to keep myself and my space organized so I can enjoy my favorite hobby.

- Purchase all ingredients needed (remember the list??!!)

- Sort and organize.  I have a few bins that I use for all of my non-perishables. 

- Decide which recipes you will be using.  I have a very glamorous and sophisticated way of doing this.

I went ahead and just taped all the recipes I'm planning on baking throughout the month. It saves the step of digging them out of my folder each time I start a new cookie dough batch.  Pretty??  Not so much.  Practical??  Yep.  Practical usually wins.

- Set out your butter the night before.  It will be the perfect softness for mixing by the time you wake up.  I was able to whip up a double batch of peanut butter blossom dough before spin class on Friday morning.  Then when I got home, I just pulled it out of the fridge and was able to get the cookies baking while doing the morning routine in the kitchen. 

Setting up the coffee pot the night before is a great way to remember to set your butter out too!  Isn't it a festive and peaceful little scene??!?!

- If I'm really on top of things, I also go ahead and set out my cookie sheets and parchment paper. 

Hope this helps start your baking off right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment