Thursday, January 8, 2015

Thankful Thursday

First one of 2015! 


- SOOO thankful for this beautiful girl who turned 15 this week!  Aside from all the, "Where did the time go and HOW do I have a 15 year old?!?!?" thoughts and reminiscing, I am so excited to celebrate each year with her.  She is an amazing teenager - fun, kind to her brother and sister, a great friend and student, and an overall joy to be around.  She is a wonderful gift to our family :)


- It's January 8th and our tree(s)/lights/decorations are still up to enjoy.  We were hit with a cold snap this week and I don't even feel a little bit guilty for still enjoying the sparkle.  We have to take it all down this weekend, but until, I'm going to enjoy every second!  What's the rush??  It's still winter for the next four two months, at least.

- Second snow (cold) day in a row!  Yes, the kids went back to school for 2 whole days, now 2 days off.  Oh well.  But the best part?  I usually work Thursdays but have this one off too!  Yippee!!

- A warm, cozy house.  And snugly sweats/jammies/yoga pants.

- My treadmill.  I got a good run in this morning while watching TV.   It's amazing how, when it is warm outside, or even just a little cold, the treadmill doesn't sound fun at all.  But on a day like today?!!?  BLISS.  I slept until after 6, got up to enjoy my coffee quietly before kids and husband were up, and then went downstairs to the toasty warm basement to run.  (Where we also have another 2 small Christmas trees - makes exercise more festive!)

- The extra time with my kiddos.  Even on a not-much-planned day, I just enjoy being with them.  And the fact that we had time for chocolate chip pancakes and sausages at 9:30 in the morning makes them enjoy being around me, too!

Stay warm and thankful!



1 comment:

  1. This young woman is the epitome of loveliness; inside and out. We couldn't love her more.

    ReplyDelete