Tuesday, January 27, 2015

It almost feels like springtime

The East Coast may be snowed in, but I have the windows open and fresh air floating through the windows.

I just checked the weather, and it is only 31 degrees, but the sun is shining and the air is still, so it is practically shorts weather out there.

Plus, I have dinner in the oven, the upstairs is vacuumed, the house is reasonably picked up, and I'm not drowning in laundry.  Wait, what dimension am I living in?!?!?!

I also was able to listen to one of the last saxophone practices I will ever hear.  Peyton has decided that one semester of band was just about right, and after next week's band concert, she will be calling it a day.  She keeps asking if we are disappointed - my heart says, "no, not really" and my eardrums are counting down the days.  She asked if we could make her band teacher a special treat and write a note expressing her thanks for her short saxophone career.

Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

Back to dinner in the oven - I may have discovered our family's favorite dinner, or at least one of them. Believe me, meals that all 5 of us really enjoy are in short supply,  so I tend to celebrate at parade level when I find a good one.

The recipe can be found here.

I am planning on steaming up some broccoli and zucchini (admittedly, only 1 out of 5 of us gets excited about that, but hey, whose counting?!?!?) as a side.  When I'm feeling fancy and guiltless about extra non-sense carbs, I also warm up some rolls, but this meal is so filling and tasty, you won't even miss the bread.

 Which leaves just enough room for a chocolate cookie with white chips and M&M's.  Unless one already ate her allotment in cookie dough.  Allegedly.


No comments:

Post a Comment