We finally took the trees down yesterday - sniffle. I really missed sitting with my coffee in front of the family room tree this morning.
However, we did leave a bit of greenery and some white lights out. I have always done this, because I just can't go from full on lights and sparkly to the dreariness of cold, gray, and brown.
I have to admit - I do love the clean and organized way the house looks!
Well....clean and organized EXCEPT for all those bins and boxes waiting to be dragged to the basement.
Between the Christmas clean-up, working yesterday, church this morning where we needed to be not only at time, BUT EARLY since the girls were helping out in the toddler/pre-school rooms, (we made it! A post-Christmas miracle indeed!) then rushing home to make sure 2 of our 5 family members got to other places that needed to go, then 2 others wanting to bundle up and play outside - well, let's just say a peaceful, quiet Sunday isn't seeming to be on the horizon.
But the chilly temps have warmed up above zero, and I've got sparkly lights still up, so maybe that will motivate me to get up and moving again.
Or.......remind me that there is always Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment