Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 4th Eve

As I sit in the comfort of my air conditioned home, two thoughts run through my head:

1)  Dear Lord, thank you for air conditioning,
2) Why, why, why do people wait until the heat of the day to run outside?  Don't get me wrong,  I admire their dedication (while slightly questioning their sanity) to their craft, but why wouldn't you do that at 7 (a.m. or p.m.??)

I'm so not a hot and sticky weather type person.  I'm also not a frozen fingertips winter type person.  More of a fair weather gal.  How is one supposed to consistently turn an oven on after 8 o'clock in the morning when it's already 80 plus degrees and 120% humidity??

So, today I'm planning to attempt no bake cake pops and line them up to look like the American flag.   It's a cute Pinterest idea I've seen a few times, and if there is one commitment I've made, it is to try at least ONE thing I've pinned.  Because otherwise it's just become a fancy version of an alternate reality.  Kind of like "The Matrix."   If the Matrix featured the likes of Martha Stewart, Giada, and Candice Olson, that is.

If the pops turn out, I'll post pictures tomorrow.  If they don't turn out, well.....I'll probably panic because I've committed to making a batch for a friend, too.

Enjoy the fireworks if your town is participating tonight!



2 comments:

  1. When I see people running in the heat of the day I don't think they are "dedicated" or "hardcore.". I think they are stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red white and blue cake pops! Oh and I have said to Michael or myself sooo many times, "why do people run in the blazing sun and heat of the day?" I am not a runner in the heat, hate it.

    ReplyDelete