Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cake Talk

Can anyone else believe it will be JULY this weekend??!!?  Slow down, crazy summer.  We have been off and running most days, which doesn't leave much time for blogging, but I have been baking a bit (just pulled cake layers out of the oven, matter of fact!) and taking a few pictures.

Last weekend we celebrated 2 different birthdays in the neighborhood.  (one of the birthday girls was celebrating 30.....THIRTY!  I can almost remember that age....)

We ate neopolitan cake, and one of my other neighbors asked me to make one for her this week!

 My kids love the "cake scraps."  It almost looks like the ice cream!

I think I've written about this before, but the "scraps" are the part of the cake that is leveled off to make the layers sit evenly.  My family starts asking for them about the time the oven is turned on to pre-heat :)

I'm also planning on making cake batter pops and a giant "80" cake for my father-in-law's party this weekend.  With the heat wave we've been experiencing, I need to get the baking part done early in the day.  But, on the plus side, butter for frosting softens quickly when it's this hot!






No comments:

Post a Comment