I uploaded pics from the week and here is what I found. By the way, this morning we were having a discussion about how many years we had vacationed in a certain place, and I was able to go back to my photo albums and know exactly where/what to look for. It has recharged me for really wanting to get back on track for ordering and cataloging my pictures. The computer is great for housing the files, but there is just nothing quite like sitting down with family and smiling over how little the kids used to be. Such a great treasure to have and I'm really hoping to get that caught up this fall.
But, until then, here they are via blog land......
It's apparently rabbit season (no it's DUCK season! - we have been watching a fair amount of Looney Tunes this summer - you'll get that joke if you've watched Daffy and Bugs before:) as we have seen lots of "bunny wabbits" in our yard - the kids were so excited to see a little friend yesterday who stuck around for quite awhile while they played.
I made this cake for girls night last Tuesday - it's just a simple one layer chocolate cake, but to jazz it up a bit I frosted it with marshmallow buttercream, crushed up some graham crackers (about 2 sheets) and sprinkled some mini chocolate chips on top. I also had some mini marshmallows, so added those and more mini chips around the base. You can make an easy marshmallow frosting by just adding 1/4-1/2 cup marshmallow fluff to your basic frosting.
And with the leftovers, I made these for an after lunch treat for the kids - a little bit less messy than actual s'mores!
One last thing - it has been so incredibly hot and humid that's it's been hard to get outside much except to go to the pool or water park and even then it just wears us all out! But the past 2 nights have been some of the best summer evenings we've had. We rode bikes, played some hoops in the driveway and just enjoyed the cooler temps. I wish I could bottle these up!
Hope you have a great rest of the weekend!






No comments:
Post a Comment