I don't think I've posted one of these in awhile. There is always so much to be thankful for and I'm glad for the quiet, rainy day to sit and reflect for a bit.
Well, for starters, I'm thankful for the rain! It is very much needed and I'm hoping that the grass will be greener by this time tomorrow.
- My little kindergarten graduate. We had the "ceremony" yesterday and they are all just so cute! We have loved his teacher and his little friends and all that he has learned this year.
- Even though he "graduated" there are still 2 days of school left for him, but he woke up with a fever this morning so is taking one more sick day this school year.
- I'm SO glad I get to be the one at home when one of our kids needs is sick and that it's not a big deal to balance work, etc. when the thermometer reads 99 degrees or higher. So far I'm out a day of chores, errands and laundry as I cuddle on the couch while watching "Cars 2." Pretty good day, if you ask me.
- Only 2 days left (plus 3 hours for the girls) of the 2011-2012 school year! I CANNOT believe how fast this school year has gone. And I really can't believe that in the fall I will have 3 in school all day! Part of me is sad and nostalgic, and part of me is excited to see what is in store as we enter this new phase. I'm really hoping to finally "get it together" in the fall (whatever that means - ha!) but from what I hear from other friends it just is a different kind of busier. We'll see what happens.
- Summer! We joined a water park (thanks to Christmas gifts from grandparents) and have planned vacations with both sides of our families, some day activities, and swim time at my parents' community pool. Now, we just need some sun and 85 degree days:)
- I'm regularly running again. I truly enjoy the outdoor exercise and it's such a blessing to be pain free and do something you love.
- Good friends and girls nights out! Later today I'm trying out a new cake recipe for a friend who's birthday we are celebrating. Pictures to follow if it turns out!
- The kids I've had the joy of caring for this past school year. They are fun and cute and well-mannered and entertaining. I will miss them over the summer and look forward to seeing them in the fall!
- My own sweet family. I can't wait to spend great quality time together over the next couple of months.
- My somewhat disheveled home. In between inordinate amounts of baking, (more people have been asking me and I can't say no!) kids sports, school activities, babysitting, (is there a better word for that since they are all school age and some of them are catching up to me in height?!!) and just keeping up with the general chaos/schedule of everyday life, the house has taken a bit of a beating. Years ago, this would have stressed me out. I still MUCH prefer everything in order and in its place, but I'm able to rest my head at night even if there are dishes on the counter and Legos on the floor. No matter what, it's "Home Sweet Home" even if it has a few "God Bless This Mess" days.
- Memorial Day Weekend. We had a great time traveling out of town to stay at a hotel for a few nights and visit with extended family. I'm also so thankful for those who have sacrificed so much in order that we can all live peacefully and do fun things like travel, blog, clean a house, play with my kids. Truly a gift.
Have a blessed Thurday.
-
No comments:
Post a Comment