Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cocoa Krispie Treats with Butterscotch Chips

I didn't get around to posting yesterday as I had a sick child home.  Neither will there be photos because after I neatly arranged these on a plate for their photo shoot, I was distracted by someone's need for a ham sandwich.  I nestled the treats into their ziploc bed and cozily tucked them away.  About 3 hours later it dawned on me that I had never snapped a picture.

Wonder what else hasn't gotten done?

But picture or not, they were delicious!  Here's the recipe.....

8 cups Cocoa Krispies
1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
4 TBSP butter (half stick)
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips

Melt butter and marshmallows together - remove from heat and add Krispies.  Spread about half into a greased 9x13 pan, sprinkle half your butterscotch chips.  Add rest of Krispie mixture then top with remaining butterscotch chips and mini chips.  Press down, then pop in a warm oven for 2 minutes to "cement" your top chips.  Chill and cut into bars.   Add a glass of  milk and you've got breakfast!  These are also super easy to bag up and send with kids to give to teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment