Monday, May 7, 2012
Teacher Appreciation Week
It's National Teacher Appreciation Week, so I thought I would try to post a little idea every day for an edible gift. Here is what we did for today....
I found the mini terra cotta pots at Michaels and just knew they needed a flower shaped cake pop. Shaped pops take a little more time and effort, but the results are so worth it! Make sure your cake mixture is well chilled. (I usually put it in the freezer for an hour or so) Gently press out and use a cookie cutter of your choice, being careful not to make it too thin. Press your stick into melted chocolate and then into cake and freeze to set. Once set, (it will just take a few minutes) cover the back with more chocolate and let that harden. This will make it much easier to dip the front and then sprinkle. I put a small amount of craft foam into the pot and then added green curling ribbon.
It will make a teacher smile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love it so much I want to be a teacher for a Maloney kid!
ReplyDelete