So we made up a fresh batch to give as end-of-year teacher gifts. I started with the cute little pails I found in the Target dollar aisle, then used green styrofoam as the base for the sticks.
It helps to keep a piece of "working" styrofoam so there is a place to hold the pops in place while they dry.
Am I the only one that gets this excited over that many sprinkles?!?!?! Sprinkles also cover a multitude of melted chocolate errors....see below:
My white almond bark had gotten temperamental (seems to happen more with white than dark) and started to "seize up." I was in a bind because I didn't have more on hand and definitely didn't have time to run to the store! The sprinkles covered the "lumps" quite nicely. The lumpy chocolate also made the amount covering the pop heavier and therefore it needed to set more quickly so the moist cake underneath wouldn't fall off the stick. Thankfully I had a helper on hand who was willing to stand in front of the freezer!
We quickly finished and put the pails in the freezer overnight....
And now for their "individual photo shots".....
Naturally, the day they needed to be delivered turned out to 90 degrees, so I put them in a box, rushed them to the air-conditioned car and drove like an old woman out for a slow, Sunday drive to make sure they arrived intact.
I think I might need a summer break from cake pops.
Those are really cute. Where did you get the bark and the sticks?
ReplyDelete