Saturday, June 11, 2011

Who needs a bonfire??

S'mores and Summer....they go together like peanut butter and jelly, hot dogs and mustard, popcorn and movies. (I'm obviously hungry as I write this!) I found a fun blog called "Cutest Foods" and saw this idea there. My oldest daughter piped and decorated...I think I have a future assistant!

Ta-da!!

Here's what to do:

Bake a batch of chocolate cupcakes - I used Duncan Hines Devils Food Cake Mix.

Marshmallow Buttercream:
32 oz. powdered sugar
1 can (7 oz) marshmallow creme
1 TBSP vanilla
1 stick softened butter
Sprinkle of popcorn salt
Milk (1/4 - 1/2 cup??)

I'm terrible at keeping track of how much milk I actually use in my frosting. I whip up the butter and vanilla, then gradually add a small amount of the sugar and small splashes of milk. I keep doing this until everything is incorporated and I have it to the consistency I need. Since I was piping, I made it just slightly thicker than if I were spreading it over a cake.

I also did not have any Hershey bars on hand, but I did have the mini Hershey kisses which I thought worked well. I took a small rectangle of graham cracker and broke it in two pieces (total of 8 pieces per graham sheet). I also think a Hershey miniature would be VERY cute on this cupcake in which case I would use the entire rectangle of graham.

Enjoy your summertime treat!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These cupcakes look so yummy! By the way, thanks for the pointers on coloring Will's birthday cake blue. It worked like a charm. :)

    ReplyDelete