Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pink and Green

Remember this??

Yeah, me too. So when a friend asked for pink cupcakes that would "pop" for a vow renewal ceremony I thought of these right away. Well, okay, not right away. It took a couple of weeks of walking and running to get my thoughts straight.

And because I didn't want our friend chocolate to be left out, there were Andes Mint Chocolate Chip ones made as well!

Pretty little cupcakes, just waiting to be devoured....



And a gigantic cupcake (I combined the chocolate and strawberry batter) to top it off!

For the lemonade cupcakes I used this recipe. For the chocolate ones I baked cupcakes from a mix, stirred up a batch of buttercream and colored it green and added mini chocolate chips for the filling.

And now I'm going to let you in on a little secret...you don't need a cupcake corer! Just take a bag of icing with a tip of #5 or higher (depending on how much filling you like) and press it gently into the cupcake and squeeze. It won't matter if some of the filling pops out of the top since you will be covering this with frosting. For the mini chocolate chip filling I poked a hole with my finger and just put the bag into the cupcake - the chips clogged even the largest of tips I had.

I apologize if this post seems a little rambled and disjointed - the kids get out of school in less than an hour!! I need to deliver cookie pops to the teachers and manage to catch up on the approximately 937 loads of laundry. Okay, only 832....

Have a great day - the next time I post it will be officially summer break!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!!! Miss you too! Maybe I will call when we are on the road to the beach trip. If I don't die first from all the prep :0) Leaving Friday... Happy summer to your school-free kids, hope to see everyone soon!

    ReplyDelete