Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break has Sprung and Gone

As I posted on Facebook - "Back to Reality."

It's a mixed blessing. Really, do our kids need to think that all 52 weeks of the year are nothing but fun and good times? I think not, that's obviously what the 13 weeks of summer are about. (And the week of Thanksgiving and the 2 weeks at Christmas and the collective 3 day weekends - wait, are these kids ever in school ?!?!)

But it was fun time. We had friends visit us at the beginning and we got to go to the American Girl Store with them!

Here is a little picture of Molly's kitchen.....


And, who knew the American Girls BAKED?!?!? It was all I could do to not jump on in there with them....




Time for tea....



Me and my little American girls:)



What WAS NOT photographed was an impromptu trip to Chuck E Cheese midweek. I have to take deep breaths as soon as I arrive in the parking lot. I think it speaks volumes that alcohol is available for purchase starting as early as 10:00 a.m. on a weekday.

The reason for my angst? It goes back to 2002 - one of my worst childhood memories (and it's not even of my childhood). Try getting your 8 months pregnant self into the tubes/slides when you're 2 3/4 year-old is in the highest one and can't get herself out, as evidenced by the panicked screaming and shrieking. Did you know there is no oxygen in those tubes? Houdini himself would be hard-pressed to make his way out.

Okay, I'm back from the brink now....
Here is the snickerdoodle cake...delicious! And if you warm it slightly for about 10 seconds per slice it tastes like a just-from-the-oven cinnamon roll! (The recipe is on www.givinguponperfect.com under March 21, 2011 post - can't get the link to work) It's worth every minute of the treadmill I'll be doing this week ;)

Waiting for breakfast (which included a small slice of snickerdoodle cake - hey, I just said it tasted like a cinnamon roll!)

My friend's little girl, acting as my sous chef for chocolate chip scones....

Someday, I think it would be fun to have my own bakery/coffee shop and teach baking classes to kids on the weekends....when I find a spare $100,000.00 and 80 extra hours per week I'll plan to get right on that!

Artwork by one of my daughters...


Good-bye spring break....it was fun while it lasted!!

1 comment:

  1. If I had the money to invest, I'd do it in a minute! What a fun and great idea for kids and parents, too! Yum...I can taste the wonderful things baking now...Love, mom

    ReplyDelete