Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

I can sum up this year's Easter in one word.

Unconventional.

And by unconventional, I don't want you to think it was bad, it was just....not customary.

We dined here:


After ending up at a sporting goods store.....


It's amazing what is open on Easter (Sporting Goods, TGI Fridays) versus what is not (the grocery store, Target). I could buy a basketball hoop all the way until 9:00 tonight but milk for tomorrow's breakfast was an obstacle course at best.

We started the day traditionally enough, with the kids and my husband waiting upstairs until I came in from my run. (GORGEOUS morning....I did a long run and felt a very Easter-like rejuvenation.) Much excitement ensued with all the bouncing and hopping around.

The kids were excited too.

The baskets were pounced on and gone through in about 2 seconds flat and an argument over who was finding more hidden eggs ensued.

We grabbed a quick breakfast, headed to church, then had a bigger meal when we got home. Originally we had plans with extended family, but those were changed over the past few days due to lots of unexpected turns of events over the past week. Nothing dramatic, just your "run of the mill, let's do something else some other time" kind of things.

Being that we had the day pretty much open after 10:30, we decided to go see "Hop." But right before that I had decided to hard boil the eggs for coloring and had sent eggshells down the disposal. And subsequently clogged it.

It wasn't a huge issue, so we shoved a towel under the sink and headed out. The movie was very cute and while I thought it might be crowded with others of the same ilk, we had the place nearly to ourselves.

We came home, my husband took the pipes apart to clean it and I vowed to never again use the garbage disposal for anything stronger than water. It will be forgotten by tomorrow morning, but currently I'm a little traumatized by anything egg-shaped.

Well, except for this.....


The girls needed softball items so it made sense to keep up the craziness and go back out. We figured on the way home we could pop into the local grocery and at least pick up some frozen pizzas.

Denied.

We half-jokingly told the kids our next option might be the gas station.

But lo and behold, the bright neon sign of Subway met our eyes.

We ALL found something we liked, no drinks were spilled and the no cookies statement wasn't questioned. An Easter miracle indeed.

Now it's time to go find that foil-wrapped egg....

No comments:

Post a Comment