Today I got to have fun with just my little guy. Truthfully, we have quite a bit of time together since he is in pre-school only 3 mornings a week and the girls are in school all day, but most days are still pretty full of cleaning house, doing laundry. plotting out who goes where next, groceries, errands, etc. By the time I pick Kevin up Friday, the week seems to have slowed down, at least for a little bit, so I'm trying to make that our fun time. We went to Target (who said it had to be all about him?!?) to pick out a birthday present for a party Kevin is going to this weekend. We stopped and had lunch (mac and cheese for him, sandwich for me) and then leisurely wandered over to the toy department. Kevin thinks every boy his age is as crazy about Thomas the Train as he is, so we picked out 2 trains (and got a gift receipt!) and then headed over to look at the Easter display. We also saw the outdoor furniture displays being readied to set up. (Does anyone but me think that maybe time seems to fly so quickly because we're never really allowed to just enjoy the season we're in??)
Speaking of time flying by, my baby boy turned 4 last week - can't even believe it!! I realized I didn't post a picture of the cake yet, so in honor of my little guy (and his love for all things Thomas) here it is:

(I can't believe I just successfully moved a picture - yeah for me!!)
Have a wonderful Friday - think we're going to end our "fun day" by taking a winter walk in the sunshine :)
Love this cake!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great cake! My son is 4, and loves all things Thomas too. :)
ReplyDelete