Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tales from the basement

In an effort to get all the Christmas bins put away on our basement shelves, I needed to do some rearranging.  I'm also trying to purge away and simplify, (January, does it ever just become too much that people have the very highest of expectations from  you?!?!) so it was as good a time as any to jump in and address the (slight) chaos.

I would have taken pictures except,  A)  I forgot.  B) I probably would be too traumatized to post them.

As these projects often tend to do, it was nearing dinnertime and I was both ankle and elbow deep into "reorganizing."  Also known as having a minor anxiety attack as I realized that, at some point, I have two punch bowls, two huge bins of photos that will probably never be organized, and a plethera  of Valentine teddy bears and Easter rabbit stuffed animals. 

The stuffed animal thing was adorable when the kids were quite small, and they enjoyed them as decorations.  But now that all my "littles" are not so little, I think it's time to pass some of them along. 

(To further prove my point, the aforementioned were upstairs doing homework with friends, making their own microwave popcorn, and generally ignoring my frazzled state as I fought the urge to yell, "NOBODY PANIC!!!! SOMEHOW THIS WILL ALL GET TAKEN CARE OF!") 

And also, 1981 called.  It wants its punch bowls back.

I headed upstairs to do something about dinner just as the phone was ringing.  Lo and behold, it was the nice AmVets lady reminding me of a scheduled pick-up. 

At this point I'm tempted to put on a pot of coffee, invite them in, and let them take their pick of the litter!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't notice anything mentioned about snowmen...does that mean you may "adopt" some of the little guys/gals in the two boxes that suddenly appeared at your house? Didn't want to add to the confusion but purging at your house seems to come at the expense of purging at MY house! OOPS!

    ReplyDelete