Friday, January 17, 2014

It's Friday!!!!

Yay!!!  Though it is not quite the Friday I had in mind......

Yesterday was a heck of a day.  Nothing big, but let's just say there was a full moon Wednesday night, and while I am not at all superstitious, I completely subscribe to the whole "gravitational pull of the moon" type theories.  How else to explain the crazy?!?!?!

It started Wednesday night when my husband turned his ankle quite badly while playing basketball.  (see, gravitational pull!) I found out about this Thursday morning as I was getting ready to drive our "missed the bus" oldest to school who had stayed up extremely late finishing work on a project that shall forever be known in our home as, "The project that goes on for a sweet forever and a half and seemingly shall never end."  (more on that another time, too much for today or this lifetime ;)

Anyhoo.

Jerry declined my suggestion of going to walk-in care for an x-ray and slowly made his way to work.  I proceeded to get the other two ready and out the door for school (they made it to the bus, yay!)  and got myself ready for work.  It was one of those quirky days where everything just went....quirky.  Getting into the parking lot was an adventure due to a truck ahead of me who couldn't handle basic parking lot negotiations and general courtesies such as not backing me into a corner.  In and of itself, no big deal, but having almost the same scenario happen a few hours later when I came back from lunch?!?!?  Full moon, people.

After a series of more quirky, we actually made it out of the office a few minutes earlier than usual and I came home where the girls and I had a simple dinner and I took an hour nap on the couch just to make it to early evening.

My guys came home from a scout meeting around 8:30, and after a snack and catching up on the day, we turned in for the night, at which point I noticed my husband's ankle had swollen to about twice the normal size.

So, we decided we would go to the Dr. after the kids went to school.  Thankfully, it is a sprain, not a fracture, but as the doctor put it, "You did a REALLY good job with that sprain."  So, it's a weekend of elevating, icing, and resting for him.  We have some fun stuff planned, but fortunately he can still participate as long as he is careful.

So, my big plans of going to the gym and just having a few hours of unscheduled downtime didn't quite happen the way I planned, but I am currently catching up on "Nashville" while my nails dry before I take my daughter out for project supplies after school.  So, I guess all's well that ends well:)

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment